Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Mom's Pumpkin Pie

I love the tradition of food. My mother has made this recipe my entire life and it tastes very different from any other pumpkin pie I have had. I think it is the brown sugar that gives it such wonderful flavor. I used the No Roll Pie Crust recipe and made this for Thanksgiving Dinner.



Gluten Free Casein Free Pumpkin Pie

3/4 c. brown sugar

1 T. Sweet Rice Flour

1/2 tsp. salt

2 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (see note)

1 1/2 c. (15 oz can) Pumpkin

1 1/3 c. hemp milk

1 beaten egg

unbaked pie shell (try this recipe, or this one)

Combine brown sugar, flour or starch, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Add pumpkin and stir. Add milk and egg, stir until completely mixed. Pour into unbaked shell and bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.


1 comment:

Terina Dee said...

Hey! I'm excited to try this recipe when I'm in town for the holidays. I send a tofu pumpkin pie recipe to DawnL. Wonder if it was any good?